Analytical Chemist II
Founded in 2004, Diteba was born out of a passion for uncovering and understanding complex scientific problems. Since our inception, we’ve helped hundreds of companies with testing and in navigating the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) approval process. Our reputation is built not just on great analytical and bioanalytical testing, but on an unwavering commitment to helping our clients achieve their goals.
We push the boundaries of problem-solving while providing the highest standard of testing across the Pharmaceutical, Cannabis, Nutraceutical, and Food and Agriculture industries.
We’re on a mission to advance science-based innovation with a commitment to truth and transparency. We’re looking for incredible people, fueled by passion and curiosity, to be a part of our journey of growth – will you join us?
Diteba is looking for experience analytical chemists to join their growing lab operations team. This role would work independently producing results for our clients as part of our chemistry team. A strong analytical background using a variety of chromatography and spectroscopic technologies and instruments is required.
Key Responsibilities & Tasks
- Perform laboratory analysis for raw materials, in-process, and finished products by using general analytical instruments
- Develop, transfer and validate analytical methods
- independently perform and document test procedures in compliance with regulatory guidelines as well as SOPs
- Report deviation and OOS results and assist with quality investigations
- Troubleshooting analytical methods and instrument performance
- Guide junior chemists in tests
- Other duties as assigned
Education & Experience
- M.Sc., or Ph.D in chemistry or related science
- 3+ years of practical work experience in pharmaceutical laboratories
- Understanding of GMP/GLP requirements
- Demonstrated experience of chromatography (UPLC, HPLC, GC, TLC) and spectroscopic technologies (UV, IR) and Karl Fisher
- Excellent interpersonal communication, both written and oral
- Ability to work both in a team environment or independently
- Problem-solving and logic skills for analytical analysis
- Possible morning and afternoon shift requirements
- Some weekend work and overtime
- Bio-hazard substances
- Working in an environment where cannabis is present
- Dealing with dry ice & liquid nitrogen
Diteba is committed to providing accessible employment practices that follow the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Upon request, we will, in consultation with the applicant, determine the nature of any accommodation that may be required.