Founded in 2004, Diteba was born out of a passion for uncovering and understanding complex scientific problems. Since our inception, we’ve helped hundreds of companies with testing and in navigating the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) approval process. Our reputation is built not just on great analytical and bioanalytical testing, but on an unwavering commitment to helping our clients achieve their goals.
We push the boundaries of problem-solving while providing the highest standard of testing across the Pharmaceutical, Cannabis, Nutraceutical, and Food and Agriculture industries.
We’re on a mission to advance science-based innovation with a commitment to truth and transparency. We’re looking for incredible people, fueled by passion and curiosity, to be a part of our journey of growth – will you join us?
The Research Analyst serves as the driving force of production doing chemical analysis, tissue culturing and molecular biological testing in the genetics lab area. They are the primary generators of test results for our customers.
Key Responsibilities & Tasks
- Perform laboratory analysis including DNA extractions and cloning, cell transformation, protein extractions and analysis
- Perform testing and document as per SOPs, GMP/GLPs and regulatory guidelines
- Support R&D projects for large molecule analysis
- Perform routine bench and instrument analysis
- Support other laboratory tests as assigned
- M.Sc. with experience in Molecular Biology or Biochemistry, with at least 2 years’ laboratory working experience
- The candidate must demonstrate a good understanding of molecular biology approaches including but not limited to knowledge of PCR, designing of plasmids, primers, and probes, DNA cloning, cell transformation as well as basic biochemistry and cell culture techniques
- Ability to perform routine bench and instrumental analysis
- Works well independently and in the team
- Demonstrates good organizational skills to complete daily tasks
- Ability to learn and perform the new technologies (or instruments and analytical tests), as needed
- Candidates must have good problem-solving skills and logic for analytical testing
- Proficient in using various computer software (MS Office Suite,
- Excellent command of the English language, both written and oral.
- Excellent interpersonal and oral communication skills to be able to communicate with the other implementation teams.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- M.Sc. or Ph.D. in Molecular Biology or Biochemistry
- 3+ years of practical work experience in a laboratory environment
- Experience in genetic expression and production modification as well as recombinant protein extraction and purification desired.
- Demonstrated understanding of molecular biology approaches including PCR, design of plasmids, primers and probes, DNA cloning, cell transformation as well as basic biochemistry and cell culture techniques
- Background in health and safety regarding laboratory tests
- Operate general analytical instruments such as PCR, UV Spec and Absorbance Plate Reader
- Proficient in MS Office Suite
- Able to think of the big picture and forecast potential problems or roadblocks in projects
- Excellent interpersonal communication to be able to coordinate with the other implementation teams
- Ability to work both in a team environment or independently
- Problem solving and logic skills for analytical analysis and testing
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated organizational skills to complete daily tasks
- Ability to learn and perform the new technologies, instruments and analytical tests as needed
- Possible morning and afternoon shift requirements
- Some weekend work and overtime
- Bio-hazard substances
- Working with and in an environment where cannabis is present
- Dealing with dry ice & liquid nitrogen
Diteba is committed to providing accessible employment practices that follow the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Upon request, we will, in consultation with the applicant, determine the nature of any accommodation that may be required.