The candidate will support the company’s employees and managers both individually and collectively in such a manner that they are able to personally grow and optimize their contribution to the process of achieving the business objectives set by the organization. The candidate will ensure the safety of every employee’s work experience (physical, environmental and emotional), and report directly to the CEO.
- Recruitment: position description, classification, internal & external postings, interview process and final selection, employment offers, and final contract
- Training: new employee orientation, safety, wellness & health, skills
- Communication: history, events, training & internal job opportunities, company news
- Performance Management: training, facilitation, evaluations, regular reviews
- Team Building: training, facilitation
- Career & Competency Management: regular individual reviews and personal development plans
- Compensation review: industry surveys, position and classification review and updates
- Payroll Administration including time-keeping (vacation, stat holidays, sickness, personal days, etc.)
- Company & Personnel Policy: compliance, workplace ethics and values, review and communication
- Manpower planning: industry trends, company direction
- Culture and employee attitude surveys
- Benefits administration, including review, alignment, contract negotiation
- Social activities
- Company filings: WSIB, EHT, CRA Submissions
- Safety Awareness Training as per MOL requirements, Regulator requirements
- Rights and Responsibilities regarding the Occupational Health and Safety Act and Regulations
- Violence & Harassment in the Workplace
Education & Certification
- Post-secondary education in Human Resources, Business Administration or a related discipline
- Appropriate profession related credits and certifications
Knowledge and Relevant Experience
- Minimum 10 years of progressive HR experience, primarily in a Generalist role
- Knowledge of employment legislation and payroll management practices
- Proficiency in MS Office
Skills & Qualifications
- Excellent facilitation skills
- Strong people management and leadership skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent judgment, analytical and problem-solving skills in establishing strategies and resolving HR matters
- Skilled in workplace conflict and resolution strategies
- Self-motivated, flexible and adaptable
- Excellent communication skills (written & verbal) coupled with strong interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality and to deal with issues in a sensitive, efficient and business-like manner
Diteba is a global leader in complex analytical and bioanalytical testing, providing solutions and services to the pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical and nutraceutical industries. We are currently seeking a Research Analyst to join our team in support of our growing testing capabilities.
- Perform laboratory analysis including DNA extractions and cloning, cell transformation, protein extractions and analysis
- Operate general analytical instruments such as PCR, UV Spec, and Absorbance Plate Reader
- Perform testing and document as per SOPs, GMPs/GLPs and regulatory guidelines
- Report deviation and OOS results and assist in the quality investigations.
- Follow the Health and Safety Guidelines in all laboratory tests.
- Support other laboratory test activities as required
- Must be able to work after hours and weekends to support laboratory activities
- Works and coordinates well in a team setting
- Work well under pressure to meet deadlines
- Other duties as assigned
- M.Sc. with experience in Molecular Biology or Biochemistry, with at least 2 years’ laboratory working experience
- The candidate must demonstrate a good understanding of molecular biology approaches including but not limited to knowledge of PCR, designing of plasmids, primers, and probes, DNA cloning, cell transformation as well as basic biochemistry and cell culture techniques
- Ability to perform routine bench and instrumental analysis
- Works well independently and in the team
- Demonstrates good organizational skills to complete daily tasks
- Ability to learn and perform the new technologies (or instruments and analytical tests), as needed
- Candidates must have good problem-solving skills and logic for analytical testing
- Proficient in using various computer software (MS Office Suite,
- Excellent command of the English language, both written and oral.
- Excellent interpersonal and oral communication skills to be able to communicate with the other implementation teams.
Scientific Writer and Reviewer is responsible for ensuring that all
documentation related to the successful release of laboratory work is complete
and conforms to all Diteba Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and current
Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMPs). He /She is responsible for writing and
reviewing various technical reports and raw data generated by internal
departments with minimum supervision.
- Review and
prepare protocols, reports, SOPs, change controls,
OOS/UR/OOT investigations and deviation investigation reports with minimum supervision. Consult regarding changes
to existing production processes and the impact to product quality and
technical support to reviewers and participate in departmental meetings and
also work as designate in the absence of the QC-Review Manager.
- Review raw
data generated by analytical development laboratory and analytical reports and
C of A’s. Ensure test methods, protocols and applicable
SOPs have been followed during the testing. Follow up to ensure that all
necessary corrections are executed in accordance with cGMP standard.
- Verify the integrity and
traceability of all data generated and reported. Notify direct manager
regarding omissions, incomplete testing results or other irregularities.
comply with all Employee Health and Safety requirements and participate in
EH&S training programs.
- Other tasks as assigned
- Minimum B.Sc. in
Chemistry, Biology, Life Sciences or other related field and/or equivalent
experience. 3+ years of pharmaceutical industry experience, preferably in an
analytical development or QA function.
- Basic understanding of
common analytical technologies (e.g. HPLC, GC, UV spectroscopy, titration)
Basic understanding of cGMP, ICH and FDA requirements.
- Excellent computer
proficiency with MS office programs. Ability to meet deadlines and prioritize.
Excellent written and oral communication skills. Proficiency with the English